Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to get past SIM required screen? I was following instructions by Apple website to finish my unlock granted by AT

Trying to get past SIM required screen

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 2:54 PM

You cannot, unless you have a SIM in the phone. It requires a SIM to complete activation. It doesn't have to be an active SIM, but there has to be a SIM in the device to finish.

8 replies

Jun 9, 2015 3:20 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I bought it used from someone that was selling it on Facebook. They had no SIM card in it when they sold it to me and I was testing it out. I then created an Apple ID and backed everything up and erased it after already getting an appeoved request by AT&T to have this device unlocked. After erasing everything and turning it back on I am able to get past SIM required screen. Does that mean it has been successfully unlocked and when I sale it the new owner just has to pop in a SIM card from their carrier?

How to get past SIM required screen? I was following instructions by Apple website to finish my unlock granted by AT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.