Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I allow other users access to all my music on iTunes

I want to allow my wife access to all my iTunes music on her sign in. we are both administrators. How do I give her access to all my music?

iMac, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 3:07 PM

4 replies

Jun 9, 2015 9:16 PM in response to h2pilot

To give other users read-only access to your iTunes library, use the Sharing features of iTunes. Sharing works over the local network as well as on the same computer. See the built-in help for details.

If you want to give full read/write access to more than one user, see the support article linked below.

iTunes: How to share music between different accounts on a single computer

There is a way to share the library without moving it to a secondary volume. If you really need to do that, ask for instructions.

Jul 20, 2015 2:47 PM in response to marksav62

A lot of links seem to be broken these days.

There are many kinds of sharing possible, from just letting others listen to your collection (or part of it) to fully sharing media. Then you can fully share media but both use the same actual media files (only good if you trust the other user not to do something you don 't like to it) to each person having a complete set of files. What kind of sharing do you have in mind?

how do I allow other users access to all my music on iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.