Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad 3 is stuck on the Connect to Itunes screen.

I don't remember how but my iPad 3 became stuck with Connect to Itunes screen and I put it off for a while, thinking it would be okay. I connected to Itunes after a month and decided to upgrade the iOS seeing as I had iOS 6. It gave me the option and I clicked to upgrade. After a while, it said that the iPad could not be upgraded and that I needed to reset. I clicked the reset option but later it gave me the message " The iPad software update server could not contacted. An unknown error occurred(-18)." The iPad is also out of warranty and I can't even get help without paying $29.00 for a call with an advisor.

iPad (3rd gen) Wi-Fi + Cellular, iOS 6, Not sure if iOS 6 but not 7.

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 4:41 PM

4 replies

Jun 11, 2015 2:04 PM in response to Jenny San

Hey Jenny San,

Thanks for the question. If I understand correctly, you are trying to update the iOS on the iPad and it is not connecting to the server and giving an error. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help the issue.

Resolve iOS update and restore errors in iTunes - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a good one,

Mario

iPad 3 is stuck on the Connect to Itunes screen.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.