Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Giga Designs CPU Upgrade

I have a 2002 G4 QS currently running with the stock 800 MHz CPU. I've recently purchased a dual 1.4 GHz Giga Designs CPU (Model # M5-1214U). I've successfully swapped out the CPUs and set the 5 available dip switches as follows:

1 - On

2 - On

3 - Off

4 - Off

5 - On

However, when I boot the machine there is no boot up chime nor any signs of a successful boot. The machine does power on though and the fans on the CPU spin up as expected. As has been said by others, finding documentation on this particular CPU and upgrade is proving to be incredibly difficult.

Anybody have any recommendations or ideas or where to start in terms of troubleshooting? Is there a firmware update I need to install for this particular CPU? Is it something related to the voltage its running at somehow?

I'll happily provide whatever other information that may be needed to help troubleshoot this issue.

Thanks,

B-rock

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 60 GB SSD, 2 TB HD, 16 GB RAM

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2015 12:04 AM

http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/macdrivers/
It's under Files -> CPU Upgrades.

Note: They require a Yahoo account (which is free) to access the files.

5 replies

Giga Designs CPU Upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.