Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

15" MBP retina display settings for bootcamp and win 8.1

Hi,

I just received a new (June 2015) MPB 15" with the 2.8 GHz i7 and AMD Radeon R9 M370X.

I installed win 8.1 under bootcamp. Everything is fast and runs great. I also use a 27" IPS display with a 1920 x1080 resolution.

When I am in the office I would like to use the 27" display as a 2nd monitor.

Problem is, that every time I connect the external screen I have to re-adjust text scaling size and screen resolution. If I keep it under Auto it displays graphics very badly on the external screen.

What are the preferred settings for the MBP and the external screen?

Is there a way to set it up so it doesn't need to be adjusted every time. Seems that the Retina display works best with 124% or 150% scaling, while the external 27" display should run at 100%.

This is my main work/play and travel computer. I plug in the screen multiple times a day. Having that issue is a major issue and I considering going to a lower resolution machine instead. I never had that issue with my no retine MBP under Windows.

Any advice is appreciated.

Please not this only applies under Bootcamp and win 8.1.

Thanks,

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), Windows 8, Bootcamp / Win 8.1 Pro

Posted on Jun 9, 2015 9:18 PM

6 replies

15" MBP retina display settings for bootcamp and win 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.