Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Community Toolbar Plugin

How do I get rid of the Community Toolbar in Safari? I have been getting an error message about it when I open Safari for years, and am only now deciding to do something about it. I don't use the toolbar anyway, so I would like to get rid of the error message by completely deleting the toolbar. I just recently updated to OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 (yesterday), and though I have been reading lots of posts on how to fix this, I can't get any to work.

I cannot find a toolbar folder, or the plugin, or the LaunchManager (all of those were recommended in previous posts I've read).

Thank you in advance for any help!!

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 10, 2015 2:08 PM

1 reply

Jun 10, 2015 3:25 PM in response to eharkness

If you are running Lion or later:

From the Finder Menu bar, select Go ▹ Go to Folder, and in the box that opens write:

~/Library/Application Support/Conduit

Delete the second item if it is there.

Now select Go to Folder again and enter /Library

From the folder that opens, delete the following items if they are there (you may need your login password):

Application Support/Conduit

InputManagers/CTLoader

LaunchAgents/com.conduit.loader.agent.plist

ScriptingAdditions/ct_scripting.osax

then close the folder. Now select Go to Folder again and write: /Applications/Toolbars

Delete that item and close the Finder windows you opened. Log out then log back in, and you should be rid of it.

Note: Safari does not support any third-party toolbars except those supplied as an extension to Safari via the Extension Gallery.

Community Toolbar Plugin

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.