Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no color after apple watch iOS update? Only black and white and shades of gray. Had the watch for a couple weeks.

Love the apple watch. Unfortunately this morning I updated the watch OS software to 1.0.1 and now I don't have any color on my watch, it's only black, white and shades of gray. Please help! Restarted my watch and it's still no color. On customizing watch faces, I scroll to change color and only black and white. I have an iPhone 6 plus. Does anyone else have this problem? This is the 42mm, black sports band. Does anyone know the solution? Thank you!

Watch Sport 42mm, Other OS

Posted on Jun 10, 2015 8:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2015 11:43 PM

This seems to happen occasionally. A reset (digital crown and side button pressed and held until the Apple logo appears) seems to fix it

5 replies

Jun 11, 2015 10:46 PM in response to Lynz07

In the Watch app on the phone, check the General, Accessibility settings - make sure Grayscale isn't set to on.

If that fails, then rest the Watch to factory settings. If that doesn't fix it, you'll have to call Apple support.

Before you do the full reset, take a full backup from your phone. If you back up to iTunes, choose the option to encrypt the backup. That way, you preserve any fitness and health data from both Watch and phone. After the reset, you'll have to set the watch up again, and you'll be able to restore data from that backup

Sep 23, 2015 12:15 PM in response to nick101

Thank you! This keeps happening to me and your way is much easier than resetting my watch. After I updated my watch on my phone, the watch app didn't even show on my phone. Even when I searched on the phone, I found nothing. After the update was complete I found it on a second page of game center? I'm not sure why it was there or why it created a second page when the first page was practically empty. This is the first problem I have had since I purchased it in April. Any ideas on why the watch is going rogue?

no color after apple watch iOS update? Only black and white and shades of gray. Had the watch for a couple weeks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.