Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8 Safari Not Working

Hello all, quite annoying and I have read some threads already on this.

My Safari on my iPhone has stopped working:

- search does not work (can type in, but Go button does not do anything)

- URL bar altogether does not work (enter URL and go button does not work)

- loading links: freezes

1) I erased all my browser data: no impact

2) I restored my iPhone from a backup: no impact

3) I changed to private viewing modes: opening links seems to be working now, but search/URL bars still don't work

Now I am using Chrome, not the ideal solution. Also realize that several apps I use are linked to Safari and that there is no way to change the default browser used.

Seems like from other threads there is no solution for this, other than use Chrome and wait for the next iOS update. But waiting until fall for iOS 9 is a long time.

This is the first major problem I've had with Apple software. Surprised to see how

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 10, 2015 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:46 AM

After having to make do with Chrome for nearly a month, I am finally happy to say that iOS 8.4 has finally resolved the Safari problem! I hope it is a permanent fix though and that this problem doesn't resurface somehow (hope I didn't just jinx myself).

Still surprised how Apple could allow a problem like this affecting an integral part of the OS and user experience go unresolved for so long!

Disappointed! First major problem with Apple software.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 9:46 AM in response to CarloLM

After having to make do with Chrome for nearly a month, I am finally happy to say that iOS 8.4 has finally resolved the Safari problem! I hope it is a permanent fix though and that this problem doesn't resurface somehow (hope I didn't just jinx myself).

Still surprised how Apple could allow a problem like this affecting an integral part of the OS and user experience go unresolved for so long!

Disappointed! First major problem with Apple software.

iOS 8 Safari Not Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.