Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes Disappear in OS X sync with iCloud

Why do my notes disappear in OS X ?

I did find them on my iPhone, so I suspect there is a bug when the two synced.

It is frightening to have this happen yada yada...

Here's the bigger issue / question:

Is Apple becoming the next Microsoft ?

Too big to care or take care of the details that matter most. (YES THE DETAILS THAT MATTER MOST)

I'm losing my trust in Apple code development prowess. The company is reminding me why I left Windows 10 years ago.

IMHO:

Time to lose "Tiny Tim" and get someone in there that can Kick ***!

Sorry but this is what I'm paying a premium for, and you are no longer delivering!

I'm looking at Google cloud options now. Never lost so much as a single e-mail.

Good bye OS X and iOS, hello Chrome and Android

I hope not but losing patience and this is totally unacceptable.

You are degrading my productivity and interrupting my work flow. (TWO THINGS THAT MATTER MOST)

PS

My OS X Messenger has been broken for months and a gross inconvenience, the list goes on.

Time to get off the infinite loop? - Ha!

Fan boy no more...

(BTW, I'm saving this text to my G-mail account just in case it too disappears.)

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, moving back to 3G with latest OS

Posted on Jun 11, 2015 9:33 AM

2 replies

Jun 11, 2015 7:48 PM in response to esechrist

Try this....

On your Mac open System Preferences > iCloud. Deselect the box next to Notes then reselect it.

Now on your iPhone tap Settings > iCloud. Switch Notes OFF then back ON then restart your iPhone.

Give iCloud a few minutes to re sync your Notes between devices.

If that didn't help, make sure your Mac software is up to date.

Click your Apple menu  top left in your screen. From the drop down menu click: App Store then select Updates from the menu top of the App Store window.

You have an iPhone 4 running iOS 5.1.1 according to your profile. If that is correct, update to iOS 7.1.2. Keeping your Mac and iPhone software up to date is tatamount to syncing data.

Notes Disappear in OS X sync with iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.