Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to setup iMessage

When I try to go on iMessage, it tells me to sign into apple Id and I do. It then goes to the next part where you type in the email address you want to use. When I do this and click "next" to go on, it says verifying. After that, it bounces back to the first page. I have tried to setup the iMessage multiple times, but it keeps bouncing back to the first page.

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, Have never used iMessage before

Posted on Jun 11, 2015 12:48 PM

6 replies

Jul 29, 2015 12:39 PM in response to kickrz22

Not particularly. It's just that with Two-Step Verification, you need an App-specific password to sign into the Messages app. You use your own Apple ID, but then put in the App-specific password.

What I'm not sure of is where, exactly, you are running into the issue.

When you go into Messages>Send&Receive, you have the option to select "Use Your Apple ID for Messages". If you click that, and then put in your password, it should propagate your Apple ID email address.

Where are you being asked to verify?

GB

When I try to setup iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.