Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Early 2015 macbook pro retina 13" - "bluetooth not available"

At our company, we've seen at least 6 "bluetooth not available" cases on early 2015 force touch Macbook Pro Retina 13".

The temporary fix has been to restart or do a pram reset, but the issue eventually ends up happening again.

Is there anything else experiencing bluetooth related issues on their early 2015 Macbook Pro retinas?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 11, 2015 11:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2017 7:55 AM

For those who tried all of the recommended "fixes" (PRAM, deleting the plist file, etc) and nothing worked, try the following...

I spent hours (and dozens of reboots) trying all of the things recommended on the various support forums and nothing worked UNTIL I shut down my Macbook Pro and simply disconnected ALL (and I mean all) of my connected devices, including my external thunderbolt monitor. Rebooted my laptop and viola, BT is back in action. I then reconnected all devices again (Thunderbolt monitor and 2 USB devices, including a USB hub) and all is now working fine. I went no further with this in an attempt to find the culprit, just happy to have my BT back.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2017 7:55 AM in response to brandobot

For those who tried all of the recommended "fixes" (PRAM, deleting the plist file, etc) and nothing worked, try the following...

I spent hours (and dozens of reboots) trying all of the things recommended on the various support forums and nothing worked UNTIL I shut down my Macbook Pro and simply disconnected ALL (and I mean all) of my connected devices, including my external thunderbolt monitor. Rebooted my laptop and viola, BT is back in action. I then reconnected all devices again (Thunderbolt monitor and 2 USB devices, including a USB hub) and all is now working fine. I went no further with this in an attempt to find the culprit, just happy to have my BT back.

Sep 4, 2015 8:26 AM in response to sweetpete74

No luck with this. Apple reached out to me a few weeks ago and had me send me them log files. They told me the fix would likely come out in the form of an Apple update. (I was running 10.10.3 at the time).

We've had about a dozen reports of early 2015 macbooks with this issue in our organization. There's likely to be more than have yet to report the issue or use bluetooth features...

Nov 16, 2015 3:29 AM in response to brandobot

I've been experiencing the same issue here with my Mid 2015 MacBook Pro over the past 3 months.

The fixes I heard of were:

1. Delete the bluetooth.plist file, power down for a few minutes, then power back up
  2. PRAM reset

I tried both of these fixes. I tried them individually, and I tried them in a single go as well. I tried them multiple times. Doesn't work for me.

What's strange is that on one occasion, for about 5 minutes, the bluetooth turned back on while I was using my Mac. Not after restarting or doing any tricks... I was just using it as normal and the bluetooth came on... 5 minutes later, it was off again.

Super frustrating.

Early 2015 macbook pro retina 13" - "bluetooth not available"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.