Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Rigging an FCPX generator, "Sequential" setting for initial state does not work

Having a bit of difficulty with rigging in Motion 5.

When rigging an FCPX template, using popup/snapshots you have the option to set the initial value to "Last Saved" "Sequential" or "Random" . My understanding is that "Sequential" should automatically increment the snapshot with each additional use of the template within a given project. I can't seem to get this to work however.

3 min sample video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLE9qTuNl68

I cannot get the "Random" option to work either.

Fairly new to rigging in motion, so I'm not sure whether I'm missing something or if perhaps it is a glitch in the most recent version.

I've tried this on both my home and work machines, both running current versions of FCPX and Motion5. I've also tried this with both generators and titles, as well as with different parameters rigged.

Nothing major, but I have some ideas I'd like to play around with if I can get this working.

thanks in advance.

Motion 5, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 2011 imac and or 2013 mac pro

Posted on Jun 11, 2015 11:03 PM

2 replies

Jun 17, 2015 1:55 PM in response to BenB

Ben,

Thanks for taking the time to respond, I do appreciate it.

I just tried the quick test again, using the edit mode button to properly record the snapshots as described by you (above) and the apple help doc. Unfortunately I'm still getting the same results.

The way I was doing it, (simply toggling snapshots and changing settings in the rig inspector) did actually affect the snasphots. When I changed the popup in the FCPX generator inspector it reacted properly. It's just the automatic sequencing that wasn't working.

Come to think of it, don't think I've ever seen an FCPX generator that uses this feature (initial state sequences for ever additional instance applied).

When I get home from work I'll try it out again more thoroughly in case I'm missing something with the quick test.

Thanks again, and take care

dg

Rigging an FCPX generator, "Sequential" setting for initial state does not work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.