Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with an external monitor following ARD client 3.8.4 update

Apple Remote Desktop is not installed on any of our computers.

The external monitor is connected with a Belkin MDP-HDMI cable to a mid-2011 27IMAC, running OS 10.9.5.

Everything was perfect until May 27th, when a note « NO HDMI SIGNAL…entering the power saving mode » appeared just before it went black.

Yesterday, I picked up the monitor at the repair shop, where it has been proven that the monitor was working perfectly when connected to an HDMI source.

The only thing that was added on the IMac on May 27th was the Apple remote Desktop client update 3.8.4.

Maybe it’s worth mentioning that the monitor was working perfectly when connected toi a MacBookPro, running on Yosemite, on May 10. The ARD 3.8.4 client update was installed on May 21 on this MacBookPro, and shown the same problem as the IMac when I tried to check the monitor, on May 27.

So, did someone experience the same situation, or have any suggestion, before I try to contact Apple support about this?

Many thanks for your time!

Posted on Jun 12, 2015 6:54 AM

There are no replies.

Issue with an external monitor following ARD client 3.8.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.