Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! Macbook Pro Can't Connect to App Store Purchase And Updates Tab

I bought this macbook pro a couple of weeks ago. I updated it for the first time last week, it went well but now it can't connect to app store anymore specifically on the purchase tab and updates tab. I searched about it online, I tried a few things that are suggested like setting up new location in network preference, checking the certificates but it didn't work. Then I checked the 'about this mac' and i see that my system serial number can't be displayed already. It is found on the system report though. I read and the system serial number which should be found on about this mac will serve as an ID for authenticating connection for app store. How can I fix this? I'm frustrated, can't connect to app store and can't update. Pls. Help!

Screenshot of the issue:

User uploaded file

<Image Edited by Host to Remove Serial Number>

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch,Early 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Jun 12, 2015 11:08 AM

1 reply

Help! Macbook Pro Can't Connect to App Store Purchase And Updates Tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.