Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch 5th gen will not connect to wifi upstairs!!!!

My apple Ipod touch 5th gen IOS 8.3 will not connect to wifi upstairs, it only connects downstairs. This is VERY! bothersome! I've called comcast and its not the motem i've reset the motem several times, i forgotten the network on my ipod, I've reset the network settings on my ipod and it still will not work. Im out of ideas please help.

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3, 32GB

Posted on Jun 12, 2015 10:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2015 1:41 AM

Do you have only one router?

If so then you have to move the router. Also interference from other device may be causing the problem and you have to get ride of that interference.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

Or it could be that there is just too much attenuation of the signal doe to the contruction of the hous. In that case get a another router/access point and wire it to your existing router via wire and put it upstairs.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2015 1:41 AM in response to cook1840

Do you have only one router?

If so then you have to move the router. Also interference from other device may be causing the problem and you have to get ride of that interference.

Wi-Fi and Bluetooth: Potential sources of wireless interference - Apple Support

Or it could be that there is just too much attenuation of the signal doe to the contruction of the hous. In that case get a another router/access point and wire it to your existing router via wire and put it upstairs.

My ipod touch 5th gen will not connect to wifi upstairs!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.