Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you change the screen size when mirroring

When I use airplay with my Apple TV mirroring content from my ipad Generation 3 the screen on my tv is reduced How can I make it bigger?

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 13, 2015 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2015 3:02 AM

Mirroring won't fill the TV screen. The iPad has an aspect ratio of 4:3 and the iPhone 4S or prior an aspect ratio of 3:2, neither of these will fit exactly into a TV screen which as an aspect ratio of 16:9. The Apple TV will not zoom the mirrored image, because it may well cut off information which is situated at the top or bottom of the screen.

You may wish to try each of the settings in ‘Settings > Audio & Video > Adjust for AirPlay overscan’ for the best setting that suits you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2015 3:02 AM in response to Sanditravers

Mirroring won't fill the TV screen. The iPad has an aspect ratio of 4:3 and the iPhone 4S or prior an aspect ratio of 3:2, neither of these will fit exactly into a TV screen which as an aspect ratio of 16:9. The Apple TV will not zoom the mirrored image, because it may well cut off information which is situated at the top or bottom of the screen.

You may wish to try each of the settings in ‘Settings > Audio & Video > Adjust for AirPlay overscan’ for the best setting that suits you.

how do you change the screen size when mirroring

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.