Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

JetsamEvent 125 on Thursday, 91 on Wednesday

i'm using an iPad 8.1.1 and I'm wondering why I would have so many Jetsam's. i don't even know what they are let alone what the cause would be. Does anyone

have an idea? I was informed that my Yahoo email can't be my Apple id; because I never verified it.

iPad, iOS 8.1.1

Posted on Jun 13, 2015 3:28 AM

2 replies

Jun 24, 2015 2:20 PM in response to tekenout

Your mileage may vary, but I was able to resolve this by freeing up some memory on my iPad Air. My understanding is the Jetsam events are when there is a low memory condition on your device. It is not always apparent because when you look at memory usage on your device it may appear to have plenty of available free memory on your device. I first figured out it was Jetsam event by looking at the diagnostic logs (Settings->Privacy->Diagnostics & Usage->Diagnostic and Usage Data). Even then you may have to look through the list as the lasted crash event may not be at the top of the list. However, the date and time usually are in name so you can just look for the one with the latest date and time in the name.

The two simplest ways to free up memory is to delete apps or to delete data being used by apps. If you delete an app, its data will get deleted as well. In my case, I just deleted data, but not the apps (I have around 300 apps installed [Settings->General->About]). You can see which apps are storing a lot of data by going to Settings->General->Usage->Manage Storage. Give it 10 - 15 seconds and you should see a list apps along with how much memory each is using. If you click on the app, it will take you to a 2nd screen where you can either delete the app (which will delete the data for that app also) or just see how much memory the data is using. If you want to delete just the data, in most cases you will need to do that from within the app itself.

Once I had deleted about 6 GB or so of data I then did a cold restart for my iPad (home + power buttons). Viola, no more Jetsam events.

Hope this helps

JetsamEvent 125 on Thursday, 91 on Wednesday

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.