Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail to a "Group" of addressees

What dictates the order in which members of a Group appears in the 'copy to' section of a message?. In the address book they are alphabetical, but are scrambled in the mail.

Must be something easy to correct, but I have had no success, so far.

Thanks Eric

Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 13, 2015 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2015 8:03 AM

They are not really scrambled. A unique ID is assigned to them. Just don't expand the group so that no one will see other names and no one will feel slighted. If you search these forums this has been discussed before - it is a requested feature and all you can do is make a suggestion to Apple.

3 replies

Jun 13, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Sparkleberry

Thankyou Sparkleberrry, Although it doesn't solve the problem, at least you have explained why it happens, and a solution is up to Apple. I am certainly not going to move names around within the body of the mail, every time I want to send a message to the group.

I have one group of 25, and if you want to be sure (at a glance) that everyone is included, that is what computers are for……..

The names start within Address Book in alphabetical oder, why should the unique ID be different ? You are correct to say that I should suggest to Apple that the present system is "Untidy, confusing and within their knowhow to fix" (we need an astuce, which once the names are in the address list in the customary jumbled fashion, one has to ^shift click Bingo^ and the list becomes alphabetic.)

Have a nice evening 21:45 here, and thankyou

Eric

p.s. In addition to your reply, I received 6 others , subject listed in each case as (iCloud on my Mac) which had absolutely nothing to do with the subject. This is very un-Apple.

again thankyou, Eric

Mail to a "Group" of addressees

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.