Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I try to upload a song to YouTube on my iPad, Garageband says my password is incorrect. It is not.

My iOS is 6.1.2 and I have Garageband v 1.4. I was able to upload a few months ago with no problems. I'm still able to upload to soundcloud.

iPad (4th gen) Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1.2

Posted on Jun 13, 2015 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 11:55 AM

I found the solution (which is good because apparently no one else on the internet is of any use for the question, even though it should be obvious). It turns out that Google blocks access to your account if it's being accessed from a third party that isn't up to their security standards. They even send you an email telling you they're blocking the third-party app, and they give a message saying the password or login is incorrect. What you have to do is go to google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and then click "allow". After I did that it worked fine. I immediately went back and turned off access after I logged in though, because they have a point, if you allow third-party access at all time it comes with a huge risk because apps are easily hacked.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2015 11:55 AM in response to Tedioussign

I found the solution (which is good because apparently no one else on the internet is of any use for the question, even though it should be obvious). It turns out that Google blocks access to your account if it's being accessed from a third party that isn't up to their security standards. They even send you an email telling you they're blocking the third-party app, and they give a message saying the password or login is incorrect. What you have to do is go to google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and then click "allow". After I did that it worked fine. I immediately went back and turned off access after I logged in though, because they have a point, if you allow third-party access at all time it comes with a huge risk because apps are easily hacked.

When I try to upload a song to YouTube on my iPad, Garageband says my password is incorrect. It is not.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.