Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail missing from Share Sheet in iOS 8.3

Just got an iPod Touch G5 after limping along with iOS 6 for ages.

I can't find any way to share multiple photos by email, except to compose an email, then attach each picture one by one.

When I go into Photos, select multiple images, then tap the share icon, I get only three options:

- iCloud Photo Sharing

- Facebook (which isn't even installed)

- Flickr (which isn't even installed)

When I tap the More button, I am shown only these three options and the ability to reorder then or turn off Facebook and Flickr. There's no Mail. There's no way to add Mail.

So I checked another person's iPhone, and they don't have a Mail option either — and he swears he had it just last week, and uses it all the time.

So I did some digging online, and found that Mail is supposed to be there as one of the sharing options.

From what I read, I should be seeing Dropbox in there too, and I don't.

Anyone know what the heck is going on? Is this an 8.3 bug?

iPod touch (5th generation), iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Jun 13, 2015 7:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 2:03 AM

I have iOS 8.3 on my iPhone 6 and I just selected 3 photos from Camera Roll and tapped Share and I had the Options of mail and others too. I tapped mail and a Mail message opened with the three photos. Same for iPad 4 and iPhone 4s all with 8.3

You can try:

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2015 2:03 AM in response to 100 Watt Walrus

I have iOS 8.3 on my iPhone 6 and I just selected 3 photos from Camera Roll and tapped Share and I had the Options of mail and others too. I tapped mail and a Mail message opened with the three photos. Same for iPad 4 and iPhone 4s all with 8.3

You can try:

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

Jun 14, 2015 4:32 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks for the options, lllaass. You're always Johnny-on-the-spot here. 🙂

I did your first two suggestions, then discovered that the problem is more fine-grained than I thought:

I do see Mail when I'm trying to share/send up to 5 photos. Any more than that, and Mail isn't an option.

So this no longer seems like a bug, but rather one of those cases where Apple pats users on the head and makes decisions for us about what we're allowed and not allowed to do.

Thoughts?

Mail missing from Share Sheet in iOS 8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.