Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 6 plus white screen

My iPhone 6 plus (iOS 8.3) keeps hanging (by hanging I mean the screen taps don't get recognized, can't even power off my phone. Moreover at times the phone starts opening applications on its own - zombie taps). Also top section of the screen (where you pull down the notifications from) keeps turning white from time to time.

Attached is a screen shot

I took my phone to the apple service center they said it could be one of the custom apps doing this, so they asked me if he can restore my phone to factory defaults, i said yes. So at this moments my phone was brand new as no iCloud backups were restored. As soon as the service guy was about to return the phone to me he saw the same thing happen, part of the screen turned white and un usable. He said there is something wrong with the hardware most likely and he gave me a replacement refurbished phone.

I get the exact same problem with the replacement phone after 3-4 weeks of use.

Does anyone else has something like that happen to them? How did you fix it?

Appreciate any help here folks..

User uploaded file

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3, hangs

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 12:42 AM

6 replies

Jun 14, 2015 5:32 PM in response to userfromsanjose

Today I tried some more things to see if the problem can be rectified:

a) First I tried the obvious, I tried doing a hard reboot (kept home and lock button pressed for 10 seconds till you see the apple logo), it didn't really help

b) Then I thought maybe I should do an iOS restore (connected my phone to iTunes, then kept the home and lock button pressed till I see the iTunes logo, selected update iOS option). that didn't help either.

c) Next I thought let me start deleting my apps 😟 to see if I can pin point the problem to any custom app (which ended up being a huge task given the fact that screen doesn't respond most of the times). I ended up deleting all my apps and still see this problem happening.

Attaching another screenshot displaying the white screen on the top of my display.

User uploaded file

Jun 14, 2015 6:21 PM in response to userfromsanjose

Another update, i was recommended to do a "restore" instead of "update" on recovery mode by "Apple support representative" via chat, but that didnt help either.

Attaching another screen shot (I am stuck on the Hello/Bonjour screen now 😟, not recognizing any inputs now and also the top portion of the screen is still white)

User uploaded file

iphone 6 plus white screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.