Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MBP Retina "Early 2015" Slow

Hello, I'm having some annoying issues with my new MacBook Pro Retina "Early 2015".

Here the specs:

User uploaded file

The problem:

I have a lot of lag scrolling down pages like on the browser (I'm using chrome), for example on the subscription page of youtube, facebook and so on.

I have a lot of lag when scrolling down the album page on iTunes, it takes “ages“ to load all the pictures....

Opening some programs it takes 2 bounces, it seems stupid but I will explain why!

Why I noticed the problem:

I'm a apple user since a lot of years now and I'm the one in the family that has to deal with them (no one has an idea on how computers work), we have 2 other MBP Retina late 2014, one Air 11 and my self a late 2011 MBP (with 840 pro SSD). No one with Yosemite (Laggy it self) has problems like I have, my old MBP has 0 lag issues, all the pages scroll flawlessly, it's faster opening programs exc. What do I have to do?

Obviously, I did a fresh install on the new MBP Retina no difference... And I don't think that the transparency is the problem, my old mac can deal with it without problems, with a much slower integrated GPU...

I also read on the internet that I'm not the only user experiencing this tipe off issue!

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/06/2015-macbook-pro-ui-lag-os-x-yosemite/

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 4:06 AM

5 replies

Jun 14, 2015 7:38 AM in response to ElRedEti

The warranty entitles you to complimentary phone support for the first 90 days of ownership.

If you bought the product in the U.S. directly from Apple (not from a reseller), you have 14 days from the date of delivery in which to exchange or return it for a refund. In other countries, the return policy may be different. If you bought from a reseller, its return policy applies.

Aug 31, 2015 1:23 PM in response to ElRedEti

I've experienced the same issue on 2015 15" Macbook Pro with the additional AMD Radeon R9 M370X video card. The UI is choppy and laggy especially when you try mission control or try to maximize a window or try to scroll within Safari. Apple swapped out my first MBP when they saw this issue but the second machine also has the same problem. No amount of fresh installs or SCM clears or PRAM clears work. Apple's tech support couldn't solve it and the ARS (Apple Retail Store) genius couldn't solve it. Then I launched Quartz Framemeter to see how fast the frames were refreshing on these actions. I saw framerates of 10 or under for Mission Control and window maximizations. The UI gets slightly better, but not much, if you turn off transparency.

Also my 2011 macbook Pro running Mavericks is blazing fast. It does not have the SSD or 16GB of DDR3 of my 2015 retina MBP. Seems to me that something isn't right with either the OS or the drivers.

We need a cure Apple! Don't launch El Capitan before testing for this common problem.

Aug 31, 2015 2:50 PM in response to ElRedEti

it is sad, we paid a lot to have this macbook. We choose the pro version, then we come across huge lag in the system, pro my ***, i have a mid 2012 it is faster that this macbook.

To enjoy, I am currently using the el capitan, although they see some improvement, still huge note on the preview zoom(pdf), safari, youtube, resize windows, etc ...

In the end, it seems that we bought a PC for 300 € (maybe, we were better served)

MBP Retina "Early 2015" Slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.