Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SMP - bq20z451 - Battery replacement

My white 2010 Macbook has been saying "Replace soon" on the battery icon for four years now... and it does discharge now far too quickly. All attempts to find a legitimate replacement battery from the Apple store has failed. They claim you can buy them from their store but none are actually listed. There are a raft of non-authorised replacements available - but I've never had a good time using non-apple replacement batteries. Anyone found a good replacement they can 100% endorse and recommend?

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5), null

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 4:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 6:21 AM

Your MacBook has got a "non-replaceable" battery. In other words, it is designed to be replaced at an Apple Store or at an Apple Authorized Reseller, so take your Mac there and you will get it replaced.

You can also replace the battery yourself if your MacBook is no longer in warranty. You only have to look for a battery for your MacBook model in websites like iFixit and follow the steps they give you. However, the price difference is not very high, so I'd recommend you to take it to an Apple Store or reseller instead. Do not forget to make a backup of your files first.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 14, 2015 6:21 AM in response to DKay

Your MacBook has got a "non-replaceable" battery. In other words, it is designed to be replaced at an Apple Store or at an Apple Authorized Reseller, so take your Mac there and you will get it replaced.

You can also replace the battery yourself if your MacBook is no longer in warranty. You only have to look for a battery for your MacBook model in websites like iFixit and follow the steps they give you. However, the price difference is not very high, so I'd recommend you to take it to an Apple Store or reseller instead. Do not forget to make a backup of your files first.

SMP - bq20z451 - Battery replacement

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.