Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 5 Unable to join the network

MY iPod 5 is unable to connect to wifi. I've reset my network but that didn't work. has anyone else had this problem? It says unable to join the network

iPod touch, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 9:21 AM

2 replies

Jun 14, 2015 9:26 AM in response to k8tie1983

Does the iOS device connect to other networks? If yes that tends to indicate a problem with your network.

Does the iOS device see the network?

Any error messages?

Do other devices now connect?

Did the iOS device connect before?

Try the following to rule out a software problem:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Power off and then back on your router

.- Reset network settings: Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings

- iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network

- Wi-Fi: Unable to connect to an 802.11n Wi-Fi network

- iOS: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem and it does not connect to any networks make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Jul 15, 2015 10:43 AM in response to lllaass

I had the same problem with my iPod4 iOS 6.1.6 on the evening of June 14, 2015. When attempting to connect to my local wifi a page called "Login" would appear in a browser-like window with header http://www.apple.com with a line of html that did not allow any action except "Cancel". When the Cancel button was clicked the wifi connection was terminated. I think it was a problem caused by an Apple programmer trying to fix some problem and broadcasting some test message that should have been local. I tried all the usual ways to reset my iPod -- hard reset, reset network settings, reset factory settings but none of them worked. The problem mysteriously vanished overnight. Now I just have to remember the passwords to the various networks I connect to. So the recommended fix might be to "go to bed and hope the problem goes away".

iPod 5 Unable to join the network

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.