Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need help to reinstall Brother HL 2170W printer

I have a 2 year old wireless Brother printer HL 2170W that has been working well. My mac OSX is currently 10.7.5.

Recently I had to change my modem, so I had to reinstall my printer to the new network. I tried using the original CD rom provided with the printer, but I get an error message: "Power PC applications no longer supported." Any ideas?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Brother printer reinstallation

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 8:57 AM

1 reply

Jun 16, 2015 9:22 AM in response to PGalan

Hello PGalan,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand that you are trying to install your Brother HL-2170W series printer, but are having issues using the disk that came with the printer. Your printer is a currently supported printer by Apple according to the following article.

OS X: Printer and scanner software available for download - Apple Support

This means that you do not need the disks that shipped with your printer to install the printer. Running Software Update as described in the article should download the necessary drivers for you to set up your printer through System Preferences.

Use Software Update before connecting your printer or scanner. This updates the list of the latest supported printer and scanner models on your Mac. If you don't use Software Update before trying to connect a new printer, you might not see available software when you connect your device. If you're using a Wi-Fi printer, be sure to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network before adding it to your Mac.

Have a great day,

Joe

Need help to reinstall Brother HL 2170W printer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.