Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am unable to import all photos to my computer?

I have an iPhone 5s IOS 8.3, and a Windows 8 Computer. I plug in my iPhone with a USB, and my computer recognizes it fine. I go to my "My PC" then "Sara's iPhone" and get to the DCIM files. That's really the only place I can go. There are 3 folders with only about half of the pictures on my iphone on there collectively. So, I can't find about 400 of my pictures to upload to my computer.

I also wanted to upload photos directly onto my Google Drive App, and the app only recognized 200 (out of 800) photos on my phone. I thought my computer would find the other missing pictures, but I guess not. So that's where the problem was really noticed.

I've already looked it this tutorial: iOS: Unable to import photos to computer - Apple Support, and it has yielded no helpful results. I've also gone to "This PC", right-clicked my device, and hit "Import photos and videos." Even then it only recognized about 90 "new" photos.

All I need is for the first half of my pictures to be found and uploaded, and if anybody could fix that for me, I would be seriously grateful.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 1:22 PM

14 replies

Jun 14, 2015 1:25 PM in response to sarajan3

I don't know if this is the issue, but you can only import photos taken with the phone. Photos that were transferred from your computer cannot be copied back to your computer; it is assumed they are already on it.

If that is not the issue, have you seen this Microsoft Help article? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/import-photos-videos

Jun 29, 2015 1:52 PM in response to sarajan3

Have you turned on iCloud Photo Library on your iPhone/iPad? I did this and found that any photos that had already been uploaded to iCloud Photo Library were no longer available for import to my computer.

Only the photos that had not yet been imported to iCloud Photo Library were still available. Initially, I had lots of issues getting iCloud Photo Library to finish the upload - it stalled, so half my photos were left on my iPhone and not uploaded. I had to turn it off a couple of times (wiping all the photos already uploaded) and re-start it.

You can view and manage uploaded iCloud Photo Library photos at www.icloud.com, by logging in with your iCloud Apple ID. On Mac, they can be viewed and managed using the new Photos app in OS X 10.10.3.

Hope this helps!

I am unable to import all photos to my computer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.