Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4 'no service' problem

My iPhone has been dropping service a lot in the past couple of weeks and it now is on 'no service' constantly. I have switched the phone on and off, taken out the sim card and cleaned it, reset in settings, called my service provider and tried to get help from them but all their suggestions came to nothing. Does anyone know how I might be able to resolve the problem?

iPhone 4, iOS 7.1.2

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 2:30 PM

1 reply

Jun 16, 2015 12:37 PM in response to Shamil Appa

Hello Shamil Appa,

It sounds like you've done a bunch of troubleshooting for this issue, but your cellular connection to your provider is getting spotty. You started out with a great set of troubleshooting already, and it looks like there are a few more steps to take yet from the following article:

If you can't connect to a cellular network or cellular data

1. Check for a Carrier Settings Update.
  2. Try another location. If possible, see if other devices are able to connect to your carrier's network in that location.
  3. If you still can't connect to a cellular network, and have confirmed with your carrier that there isn't an issue with your account or network, try restoring your device.

If none of those work either, then you may need to seek service on your phone:

iPhone Other Repair Options - Apple Support

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Regards,

Sterling

iPhone 4 'no service' problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.