Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can not update my mac 10.6.8 from 10.6.3

Hi everybody:

I have mac book pro 2010 intel core 2 duo

I can not update my mac.
I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.3 provided in MacStore . and when I reboot to update the machine hangs on the wallpaper and stays in that situation for hours.

I tried restarting and cmd + alt + p + r . restarting pressing shift .

The basic problem is that updates after the restart. It hangs on the wallpaper . and the machine is not restarted

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.3), intel core 2 duo

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 5:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 5:36 PM

Try the Snow Leopard combo updater. Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Combo v1.1

6 replies

Jun 15, 2015 11:08 AM in response to Kappy

The issue is that once lost the original installation disc . And at that time there was reissued snow leopard , and it was for sale lion . And in the apple store I made ​​a copy of snow leopard . I wonder if it worked before , why not now ?.
What should I do?
Buy snow leopard or have another alternative?

Thanks 4 your answer!

Jun 15, 2015 12:41 PM in response to Leand77

There is a special version of Snow Leopard that came with that model. The Retail DVD does not work, but it is the last retail version of Snow Leopard. If you don't have the original disc, then you are out of luck. Call Apple about a replacement set you can purchase.

Apple Store Customer Service at 1-800-676-2775 or visit online Help for more information.

To contact product and tech support: Contacting Apple for support and service - this includes

international calling numbers..

I can not update my mac 10.6.8 from 10.6.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.