Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

replaced hard drive still getting error code 36

hi had error code 36 replaced hard drive still getting error code fault and mac wont install software

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 5:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 14, 2015 5:55 PM

Make a backup, then read this:

http://osxdaily.com/2015/02/21/fix-error-code-36-finder-mac-os-x/

11 replies

Jun 15, 2015 5:40 AM in response to Rysz

You can't open the application AirServer because it may be damaged or incomplete.

The Finder can’t complete the operation because some data in “AirServer” can’t be read or written.

(Error code -36)

Last login: Mon Jun 15 13:24:54 on ttys000

gerard-gallaghers-iMac:~ gerardgallagher52$ /Applications/AirServer.app dot_clean

-bash: /Applications/AirServer.app: is a directory

gerard-gallaghers-iMac:~ gerardgallagher52$

This is not working am i doing it right?

Jun 15, 2015 9:17 AM in response to bobogall1968

Error code -36 is associated with trying to copy corrupted files. From your other error messages, it is clear the corrupted file is your AirServer app.

To start with, check your main disk using the Disk Utility tool in the Applications > Utilities folder (It takes a while...).

Please uninstall AirServer. If you have the paid version, make sure you have the registration code saved somewhere. Although I remember that finding where the AirServer client utility was installed was hard, your full app should be in your Applications folder. Just drag it to the Trash and empty it. You can re-download and re-install it later.

The official uninstall instruction are here: http://support.airserver.com/customer/portal/articles/1465541--how-do-i-uninstal l-airserver-from-my-mac-

Because the file appears to be corrupted, you might experience issues deleting it, or emptying the Trash. If that occurs, hold down the Command key when emptying.

If this still doesn't do it, you'll have to use a Terminal command to delete the file. I'm not an expert in command line usage, so please post a separate question on this forum requesting help with that.

replaced hard drive still getting error code 36

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.