Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Airplay from my Ipod Touch 5G (iOS 8.3) to my Apple TV 2 (iOS 6.2.1)

I'm trying to Airplay from my Ipod Touch 5G (iOS 8.3) to my Apple TV 2 (iOS 6.2.1) but can't!

I can see the Airplay option and my Apple TV in the Control Panel, but when I try to connect to it, nothing happens. Sometimes it sits there in the Airplay Settings menu forever, sometimes it jumps back to the Home Screen. If I try and activate the Mirroring option, the menu kind of hangs up (I can't deactivate the Mirroring menu setting, I have to press the Home Button to get out of the menu).

I've tried restarting my iPod, Apple TV and router several times. It doesn't help.

If I haven't tried to Airplay from my iPod since last resetting then I can Airplay from my PC in iTunes quite happily though. But, if I've tried to Airplay from my iPod then Airplay from my PC fails too; almost like the iPod is still trying to connect to the Apple TV (and preventing the PC from connecting). So, I guess the issue is with the iPod Touch?

Any ideas?

iPod touch, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 15, 2015 7:50 AM

5 replies

Jun 15, 2015 10:22 AM in response to lllaass

Yeah, I tried those first of all. I've done quite a lot of googling to find a solution, without any success so far. It's kind of annoying as I've just bought a new receiver and I wanted to use this to airplay music to it (via the optical out of the Apple tv) and I don't want to have to resort to Bluetooth!

It's been a few months since I last used airplay, but it has worked I the past with these components. It could be that it hasn't worked since I upgraded to ios 8.3 on the ipod touch, but I couldn't say for certain.

Jun 15, 2015 1:15 PM in response to lllaass

Further to this, I checked the Remote App tonight and that doesn't connect either. It happily shows my Apple TV, but nothing happens when I click on it.

I tried to add the Media Library on my PC via the Remote App too. I clicked the button to set this up and I was given a 4 digit code to enter in iTunes. A prompt appeared in iTunes asking me to enter the code.. I entered the code in iTunes and waited... "Verifying Remote Code" appeared in iTunes but it timed out with an error message (on my iPod) after about 30 seconds with an error message that I cant quite remember but was along the lines of "verify your computer is connected to the network".

Subsequent attempts to add a passcode gave a "the code was incorrect" message, even though I regenerated new codes a few times.

So, clearly my PC and iPod can find each other, but they won't set up the airplay stream...

Can't Airplay from my Ipod Touch 5G (iOS 8.3) to my Apple TV 2 (iOS 6.2.1)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.