Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Automatically Add to iTunes" folder not working - iTunes 12

When I add tracks to "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder in iTunes 12/Windows 7, nothing happens. Files just stay there.

Is this still supposed to work?

iTunes 12-OTHER, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 15, 2015 1:14 PM

6 replies

Nov 20, 2017 5:16 PM in response to tecsi12

I just tested this and it works, however, I don't want my music files in the iTunes folder, I want them in my mp3 folder. Also I do not like the way it names the tracks, I have a specific naming convention so things look and play correctly on my TV's etc. I used to use something called iTunes Toolkit (Windows) but it has not been updated since 2011 and as of iTunes 12 it no longer works. So I guess I have to add my new tracks manually. Thanks Apple.

Jun 15, 2015 1:50 PM in response to tecsi12

Best asked on the iTunes for Windows forum. I will request this be relocated.

Read this to make sure you are using it correctly. I don't think anything happens until you start iTunes (I don't have that folder so can't check).

iTunes 9: Understanding the "Automatically Add to iTunes" folder. - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3832 - Files put into this folder are actually moved from this folder onto the correct location in the iTunes Media folder.

Apr 24, 2016 2:15 PM in response to turingtest2

Thanks - I used to use the "Automatically add to iTunes" folder and remember it working great and now it didn't any more. I had forgotten that I moved all my music a while ago to an external drive to save space on my laptop's internal hard drive, which is where my iTunes library files still reside.

Ideally Apple would just remove the "Automatically add to iTunes" folder from the old location if you go to iTunes and change your iTunes media folder to a new location, but it is what it is.

"Automatically Add to iTunes" folder not working - iTunes 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.