Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Could I erase everthing on my iPod touch 4 but I app ?

I Have this one app called clash of clans and I have spent over 2 years on it. But my iPod is running a bit slow. and on that app in order to switch accounts or login to my account I need ios 7. But I only have ios 6. I don't want to lose my account but I don't want a slow iPod either. Is ther. A way to erase everything but 1 app on a iPod touch 4 ?

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.6

Posted on Jun 15, 2015 4:25 PM

5 replies

Jun 15, 2015 5:53 PM in response to Mike1423

Sometimes an iOS update won't disrupt what's on your device already, but going from iOS 6 to 7 could cause it to be erased. But since app data (i.e. progress) is part of your device backup, if you do a backup before upgrading iOS (you should anyway) you can recover your app data, settings, etc. from your backup in case the iOS update erases things. Perform the Touch's backup on your computer (not iCloud) for best results.

Also, Game Center does not keep track of progress, this information is kept on your device (and in your backup).

Jun 16, 2015 1:41 AM in response to Mike1423

You should be able to backup to iTunes and restore from that backup. Make sure you have the version of Clash of Clans in your iTunes library that is compatible with your iPod/iOS 6.

You can do that by deleting the app in your iTunes library and then copying the versin from the iPod to your computer

iTunes Store: Transferring purchases from your iOS device or iPod to a computer

Could I erase everthing on my iPod touch 4 but I app ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.