Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes podcasts on windows 7

Hi,

Ive been using itunes in conjunction with my ipod nano for sometime. I am currently running windows 7 on my pc. Recently podcasts have started disappearing off my pc. I have default settings for podcasts set to Limit Episodes = off, Download episodes = on, delete played episodes = off. These settings are also the same against my individual podcasts.

The podcasts I am subsribed to are automatically downloaded onto my pc, I transfer them to my ipod, and listen to them. When I reconnect they are marked as played/partially played as applicable. Sometimes I delete them manually, sometimes I want to keep them.

Recently some podcasts are disappearing or being deleted automatically. Some are available in the feed, but others are no longer available. I am also not sure what role saving podcasts plays, and if this will help, but some podcasts seem to be in saved tab, but not in my podcasts tab.

Some of the podcasts are still on my pc and I have tried using the add file to library option, to add them back in. This seems to work, but creates another podcast directory instead of putting them in the same directory as the other podcast episodes.

Can anyone help me out please?

iPod nano (5th generation), Windows 7, null

Posted on Jun 16, 2015 3:55 AM

4 replies

Jun 29, 2015 2:58 AM in response to aThanasi

Hi,

The long past episode thing with BBC podcasts, is because they have been changing servers and uploading old episodes. I had a warning on one of mine that this was happening and old episodes may download. Not sure why this would effect the deleting though, as even if episodes are deleted off the server they should stay on my itunes as long as I don't delete them myself, they always have done before.

Anyone know if Apple read these boards, as I was hoping someone who works there might be able to help.

Lesley

Itunes podcasts on windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.