Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error copying and downloading files to the desktop.

Hi,

When I download or copy files to my desktop I get an extra folder appear (unrelated to the content I'm moving or downloading). I delete the folder(s) but then can't clear them from the trash. In know how to clear the trash but anyone have any clues as to where the problem is coming from? Downloads to the Downloads folder does not bring about the same error. I just prefer to download to the desktop sometimes. Also, I have NO files on my desktop at all, it's completely clear.

Cheers,

Carl

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Jun 16, 2015 7:39 AM

2 replies

Jun 16, 2015 1:06 PM in response to Eric Root

Thanks for the reply!

I've had to go via the terminal to get rid of the folders (so the trash not clearing is not the problem). What concerns me is why they appear whenever I download or copy anything to the desktop. I've done the usual repair permissions, used Onyx to clear some cahces...etc; but it's still there.

Just wondering if there's any more fixes I can run to try and stop it happening.

Error copying and downloading files to the desktop.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.