Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I restore missing images to my Apple mail 7.3?

Lately in Mavericks html images from sources, usually desired ads or other mass mailings like through Mailchimp, refuse to show with only blue question marks in the boxes. In Mail prefs I'm checked for showing remote images. I'd seen older posts for this that didn't seem to resolve the problem and thought I should start with a fresh question. If I don't see the traditional link in those e-mails for viewing them in the browser, then I simply can't see the images.

I have made NO conscious change to my preferences.

Example below.

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9.2)

Posted on Jun 16, 2015 10:20 AM

1 reply

Jul 2, 2015 7:52 PM in response to Michael Goettee

Success, MAYBE. Apple's recent update yesterday LOOKS like it came with a fix. I saved half a dozen of the bad message from the usual senders that contained no images when there should have been some. Today, one of the senders sent a promo message and all of the images were there. I checked the old bad ones that I'd saved and every one had the images as they should. I'm leaving this here in case it helps someone, or just in case today was a one-time fluke. This problem has been going on for several months. I'd posted a similar message with no solutions about three months ago.

FYI: I also called Earthlink and stayed on their support chat line with no luck when I discovered that several of these messages with a "view this message in your browser" option link took me to Safari and the same dead image boxes appeared there as well. ONLY in Firefox could I see images. Earthlink finally said it was an Apple issue. I think they were right.

How do I restore missing images to my Apple mail 7.3?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.