Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Beats warranty problem (3month use, plastic snapped)

Hello,

Can you give me an advice of my situation?

I bought headphones Beat wireless studio 3 months ago for around 400 euro. In result plastic cracked inner side of my headphones. Local authorize Apple reseller in Latvia (name 'Capital' => http://capital.lv/ru/Par_Capital/Rekviziti) sad that it is my guilt and don't fix my headphones. I think that it bad quality of plastic. I attach photos of problem, look on it and give me an advice what to do. It is warranty station or not?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Konstantins Solovjovs.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

null-OTHER, Beat wireless studio

Posted on Jun 16, 2015 12:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2017 10:33 AM

I bought a pair of authentic Beats Studio Wireless headphones "sold and fulfilled by Amazon". The band right above the earpiece cracked just like that within 3 months. They've been replaced by Apple under warranty twice now so I'm on my third set. And every ... single ... time ... it's the same thing. They sound great. But the build quality is just crap. Especially for the price.

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2017 10:33 AM in response to Konstantins S.

I bought a pair of authentic Beats Studio Wireless headphones "sold and fulfilled by Amazon". The band right above the earpiece cracked just like that within 3 months. They've been replaced by Apple under warranty twice now so I'm on my third set. And every ... single ... time ... it's the same thing. They sound great. But the build quality is just crap. Especially for the price.

Sep 1, 2015 10:32 AM in response to testistest

As KiltedTim says, we are users helping other users - not Apple.

Contact US (from beatsbydre.com/support)

Support

Contact Apple Support. Beats by Dr. Dre is now a part of Apple.

Beats Pill XL Speaker Recall Program

Service

Locate an Apple Retail Store or an Apple Authorized Service Provider.

View International Numbers

Tweet @BEATSSUPPORT

Facebook Beats by Dre

Dec 17, 2015 3:13 PM in response to darrenfromeast brunswick

Where, exactly, are you people buying these? There are a LOT of counterfeits out there that are nearly indistinguishable from the real thing on first inspection. A major tech site even did a teardown on a pair of "Beats", only to be contacted by an engineer who informed them they were counterfeit. Amazon halted sales for a while because of the number of fakes in their inventory.

Dec 17, 2015 3:33 PM in response to KiltedTim

I purchased mine on Amazon but its not counterfeit, I gave Apple support my serial number and they didn't comment that it was real. Real shame too because I typical love Apple products. Seems like it should be a simple fix instead of gouging me for more money. I don't understand how Apple would think I'd pay $200 more for something that broke normally and may break again

Dec 25, 2015 12:01 AM in response to Konstantins S.

I have the exact same problem. I bought mine ~ 4 months ago, been using them daily. Yesterday I noticed that the plastic on the left side has cracked. At first I thought that I might have snapped them when putting them on or sth (you can definitely hear the plastic crackle). However, having seen the pics on this post, it's obviously a design/material flaw.

I still haven't notified the dealer, let's see whether they will honor the warranty and fix or replace the headphones for free.User uploaded file

Beats warranty problem (3month use, plastic snapped)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.