Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Download Error. Tap to Retry.

I am experiencing problems with downloading a particular podcast via the iOS Podcast app on my iPhone 6. The URLs all work fine from my computer as well as from my iPad, so it appears to be a problem with the iPhone app itself.

The error I see on the podcast is "Download error. Tap to retry." I've attempted to attach an iOS console reader to my phone but there were no indications of any errors that popped up.

However, I am definitely able to download other podcasts from other feeds, and another app which downloads podcasts and plays them works just fine.

I would just use this other app, except that I'm also representing customers who are trying to use the Podcast app with these feeds as well, and are also failing. There's no further indication of what's wrong except that there was a "Download error. Tap to retry." Help!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, Podcasts App

Posted on Jun 16, 2015 9:34 PM

2 replies

Jun 27, 2015 9:00 PM in response to newjoiseyboy

I am also having this problem. It is only happening with the podcast Freedomain Radio. My ghetto fix has been to delete the episode and then go to the search screen. I then search for the episode and download it directly from there. This has been working for me so far... I don't know why. I also don't know if it will keep working. Good luck!

Download Error. Tap to Retry.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.