Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar reverts new events to "New Event" after pressing enter

Hi,

my Calendar is now reverting every even that I create to a "New Event", losing all the saved information (Date, Time, Location, etc.).

It happens with every calendar in iCloud, but the default calendar.

If I leave the newly created new event as default everything is fine, but if I change it to another calendar among the ones listed in iCloud, it is automatically reverted to a blank "New Event" after pressing "Enter".

It has worked well until few weeks ago, I do not know what changed since then.

Calendar Version 7.0 (1841.1)

Mac OSX version 10.9.5

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have noticed some old post on the same issue, but they were from 3-4 years ago and Calendar version 5.0.

Thank you very much.

Cheers

David

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5)

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 6:15 AM

I have this with the exact same OS set up. Have reported it to Apple.

12 replies

Jun 20, 2015 12:54 PM in response to Eric Root

I went through that whole sequence. After the very last step, it seemed to help--for about 5-10 minutes, then it started up again. I'm getting to the point where I'm looking for different calendar software to use, since I can't trust this calendar. If I don't wait long enough to make sure the event really stuck, I end up finding events on my calendar a month into the future with just the date and a time marked and no indication what the event is supposed to be.

(I didn't run the Calendar Cleaner at the end of all the other steps. I was concerned that it might trash everything.)

Jun 23, 2015 10:16 AM in response to evelyn106

Apple doesn’t routinely monitor the discussions. These are mostly user to user discussions.

Send Apple feedback. They won't answer, but at least will know there is a problem. If enough people send feedback, it may get the problem solved sooner.

Feedback

Or you can use your Apple ID to register with this site and go the Apple BugReporter. Supposedly you will get an answer if you submit feedback.

Feedback via Apple Developer

Aug 15, 2015 2:02 PM in response to CandaceDS

I think I found a workaround. This same effect was bothering me too. I went so far as to copy the event title before saving because I would have to enter it again. Which always happened, but I'd also have to remember all the other settings, except Calendar. It would remember Calendar. So I tried this: Put in all your event info, but do NOT change the default Calendar. Click outside little window, to save event. Count to 3 and it did not revert to "new event". I've done this a number of times this past week. When 1st setting new event, do NOT change Calendar. Save event. Then go back in and change to whatever Calendar you want. Seems to be holding ok for me now.

Calendar reverts new events to "New Event" after pressing enter

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.