Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I install my Canon printer mg2440 to my mac book air version 10.9.5 ?

I have downloaded printer driver of Canon MG2440 series , but it alerts me that I can't install it to this version of my Mac book air, what should I do?

Posted on Jun 16, 2015 10:56 PM

1 reply

Jun 18, 2015 3:03 PM in response to hshideh

Hello there, hshideh.

When setting up a new printer on your Mac with OS X, the necessary and most up-to-date drivers for your printer are delivered using Software Update and dont require the need to install any particular driver file. The following Knowlege Base article explains this in further detail and you can see that your printer is actually listed as a supported printer as well:

Printer and scanner software available for download for your Mac - Apple Support

Apple delivers third-party software for scanners and printers as software updates. To set up your printer or scanner, just connect it to your Mac. If software is needed and available, OS X automatically downloads and installs it.

This article is a comprehensive list of currently supported printer and scanner models and associated software provided by third-party vendors as of 18 June 2015.

Check for software updates before connecting your printer or scanner. This updates the list of the latest supported printer and scanner models on your Mac. If you don't check for updates before trying to connect a new printer, you might not see available software when you connect your device. If you're using a Wi-Fi printer, be sure to connect your printer to your Wi-Fi network before adding it to your Mac.

To view the complete list of printers and scanners that are available as software updates, see the list below. Use your browser's Find feature (usually Command-F) to search for a specific name or model number in this article. If you don't see software listed for a specific model, check to see if it's included as part of a series of printers that includes your printer model. For example, a printer with the model number 5070 might use the software for the "5000" or "5000 Series."

• For more information about setting up and using printers in OS X Lion or later, see this article.
  • For information about printers that work with Mac OS X Snow Leopard, see this article.
  • For information about troubleshooting printer setup issues, see this article.
  • For information about how to connect a Wi-Fi capable printer to a Wi-Fi network, see this article.

Thanks for participating in the Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

How can I install my Canon printer mg2440 to my mac book air version 10.9.5 ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.