Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help... my daughter has disabled he ipod but the usual way to reset isn't working

My daughter has locked her ipod for 23 million minutes. After reading forums on here I discovered that I needed to hold the off button to power down and then keep my finger on the home button and plug into iTunes... alas, the iTunes started to say it was deleting all the info etc... when it had finished I assumed I would be looking at a blank ipod but no it still says it is disabled. I now can not turn it off properly and when I connect back to iTunes it helpfully asks that I put in the code to enable iTunes to work.... HELP... I then read that I needed to switch it off or put it to sleep using the off and home button together but nothing is working. It was a Christmas 2014 present so quite new!...

iPod touch (5th generation)

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 5:03 AM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2015 9:23 AM in response to pinkali37

Try:

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try another cable

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Help... my daughter has disabled he ipod but the usual way to reset isn't working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.