Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro (mid 2009) MiniDisplayport to HDTV Cable No Sound

Hi,

I've tried searching the web and various message boards for a solution but I haven't been able to use what I've located.

I have a MacBook Pro (mid 2009) running OS X Mavericks and just purchased a Belkin MacBook Mini DisplayPort to HDTV Cable from my local Apple store. The cable transfers the picture perfectly allowing me to mirror screens and also use my Sony Bravia TV as a second screen but sound isn't transferring as advertised.

I looked at the fixes online which suggested using Preferences > Sound or Audio HDMI but the TV isn't being picked up as an option as an audio output as shown on some of the YouTube tutorials.

Before I trek into town with MacBook in tow I thought I see if anyone here can offer a solution.

Many thanks,

Tom

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Mid 2009

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 6:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 6:54 AM

OK, while I couldn't find a exact response as soon as I posted this message the "more like this" answered it for me.

Basically, pre-2010 doesn't transfer audio.

Cheers,

3 replies

MacBook Pro (mid 2009) MiniDisplayport to HDTV Cable No Sound

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.