Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unhide iTunes Purchases not working

First a little background before my actual issue.

I've been buying music and movies from the iTunes store since Apple first released the iPod. Lately I've been feeling nostalgic and wanting to listen to some older music I purchased years ago. I went into my library and some weren't there, I wasn't worried about it because I thought they would be in the "purchased section" of the store.

I went into my purchases, both "not in my computer" and "all" and what

I was looking for wasn't there....... weird.

After a little research I found the "hidden purchases" section, where there were 203 songs and 3 movies, funny thing is I never hid anything to begin with, so how they got there is beyond me.

At the bottom of the page there was a nice "unhide all" button, which I clicked, for a few minutes I watched the songs and movies disappear, thinking they were going back into the "purchased" section of my store.

After several minutes all the movies were gone from the "hidden" section and all but 7 songs. Thinking there was just a simple error I clicked the "unhide all" button again, but nothing happened, then I tried to unhide the individual songs, again nothing happened. I tried using my Mac with 10.10 to my desktop using iTunes 12 on Windows 7, neither will work.

So, my issues are I have 7 songs that are bought and paid for that won't unhide, so I have no access to them, and I have things getting hidden that I didn't hide in the first place.

If anyone has an idea on how to get these songs to unhide, and how to keep them that way I would be grateful for the help.

Thanks!!!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, iTunes 12

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 7:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 9:51 AM

Similar to this, my "unhide all" is not working. I'm trying to correct/update my iTunes music library after transferring everything to a new computer.

9 replies

Jun 19, 2015 1:57 PM in response to jyoder4241

I have a similar problem. Almost all of my purchases were hidden, and I didn't hide them. Hitting Unhide All, or the Unhide button on each album/song worked about about 75% of my songes. But there are still a bunch of them that won't unhide. My first thought was that these are songs/albums that iTunes is no longer selling, so they can't be downloaded again. But I checked the store and the songs and albums are all still there, in the same form as my hidden purchases.

Most of my purchases that won't unhide are Disney songs (I have three kids). So I'm wondering if there is some licensing issue on redownloading the remaining hidden songs. If that's the case, Apple needs to work those out. That's not our problem.

If anyone has any success getting it working that would be great.

Edit: upon further investigation, songs on the same albums were unhidden without a problem. So for some albums I have redownloaded about half the songs. But the other half won'g unhide. Can't be a licensing thing. Must be some problem on Apple's servers somewhere.

Jun 19, 2015 2:54 PM in response to jyoder4241

Update: All my songs are now unhidden. I chatted with Apple Support and they were able to unhide them all. They suggested restarting itunes, logging out and back in, updating, restarting, the usual things. I had done them all and they made no difference. But she was able to unhide everything from her end.

She believed that sometimes updating iTunes will cause all your purchases to become hidden. Nice feature.

Jul 2, 2015 5:42 PM in response to jyoder4241

Currently experiencing the same issue. Unable to unhide specific purchased items that I have never hidden in the first place. This happened when I updated iTunes 12.2. "Unhide all" doesn't work either.

Waiting on an email reply from apple. Must be very frustrating for customers unaware of the hidden state of items...

Especially with Apple Music coming out and changing up the whole music collection game.

Jul 15, 2015 10:24 AM in response to nicomorococo

I want to add my two cents hoping Apple will resolve this - after also speaking to Apple Support where the unhid my hidden purchases for me (which is in-practical) they told me it was a glitch. My symptoms are the same: First the "Unhide All" does not work at all, you must unhide one song at a time - really is this a Microsoft infiltration? Second, there are always a handful, say 12 songs, that won't unhide. Finally, the unhiding on my mac (or work PC) does nothing to help my Iphone "see" hidden songs - ***? I expect more from Apple... I hope Steve can hear us up there!

Unhide iTunes Purchases not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.