Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spam email to validate my account - Apple/iCloud Account

support@ios9upgrades.eu

is this a legal email sender address from apple ?

Dave B

G4, Mac OS X (10.3.9)

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 8:36 AM

It is a phishing attempt. Do not respond. Do not divulge any personal or financial information. You can use the address below to forward the suspect email message to Apple.

reportphishing@apple.com

The link below has information to help identify fraudulent emails.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4933

5 replies

Jun 17, 2015 11:40 AM in response to Fleetwoodblack

Thank you all guys. I do not usaully open spam and can usually tell if its spam but on this occasion the actual 'verify you apple id' page it linked too was incredibly believable..I did stop when it was asking for bank details to carry on using apple ID purchases.

Scary for lots of people who will believe this one!!

Again many thanks all.

david b

Jun 17, 2015 11:50 AM in response to Fleetwoodblack

For those interested the message was this:-

Apple ID -

This is the last message to notify you as of 16 - June - 2015 that you have not completed your Apple ID details. Under "KYC" legal ruling Apple is required by law to carry out a validation of your Apple ID, failure to complete this validation will end in deletion of your Apple ID in less than 48 hours.

Please proceed below to »

Verify your Apple ID

To prevent the deletion of your Apple & iCloud ID proceed to your iCloud ID profile page before the scheduled deletion time.

Case ID: #I20HGHG12151924115

Sincerely,

Apple Genius Helpdesk

Spam email to validate my account - Apple/iCloud Account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.