Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple sold me an invalid iphone, now what?

I recently had my iPhone 6 replaced for the 3rd time and a couple days later the screen went blank and just wouldn't turn on anymore. I went back to the exact store where I purchased it from and they told me they couldn't swap out my phone because it was invalid ect ect. In other words they were nicely trying to say my phone was a fake. Now what? I paid 400$ for the upgrade to this phone and now I have no idea how to even go about this.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 3:40 PM

4 replies

Nov 29, 2015 9:41 AM in response to alode

HI, I also had a similar experience. I purchased a brand new iPhone 6 Plus from AT&T las year. An last week my wife cracked the screen and we took it to the Apple Store. To our surprise the Apple employee told us that the screen was not original! We had never fixed or repaired the phone. So now we are being forced to use after market parts because Apple will not honor their own products!

I am hearing more and more cases like ours. Anyone else with these issues?

Nov 29, 2015 11:07 AM in response to seventy one

And I repeat.. The phone was purchased in original and unopened packaging from a corporate AT&T store. The phone has never been opened/repaired/altered until last week, when the Apple technicians attempted the repair. The IMEI and serial numbers match with Apple's database, so it is an original phone. If I had used a third party repair facility, it would have made more sense to me to go the same route, instead of been treated like a delinquent at the Apple store. I paid for an original Apple product, so it is my right to demand my device to be repaired. So, I will keep on posting until someone who has a little bit of customer service acumen can address these types of issues for me and all other frustrated customers. These two are not the only isolated incidents that have been reported, so something needs to be fixed at the corporate level instead of having the customers go through all these unjustified troubles.

Nov 29, 2015 11:34 AM in response to time2010

I'm so sorry if I have in any way upset you. First I have to say this is not Apple you are communicating with. The people here form a voluntary service and are users like yourself. We cannot answer on Apple's behalf and have no connection with Apple customer service.

But to resolve your problem I think it would be best for you to talk to the manager of the store you approached and ask, if he cannot help you, that he give you a link to the area manager. Of course, you could always complain to Cupertino HQ, but we both know such actions are likely to take time ... and meanwhile perhaps you can't use your phone.

ps. By saying it could not have been an Apple product, I meant an Apple screen. Perhaps it got damaged in AT&T and they repaired and repackaged it.

Apple sold me an invalid iphone, now what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.