Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

computer doesnt recognise my ipod

So I have an ipod touch which has worked with my laptop for several months. Last week it stopped connecting to the computer. It isn't acknowledged at all - it isn't present in my device manager in any format. There is no apple device on there. As soon as I connect it to the computer, it starts to charge but isn't recognised as a device. I've checked the lead and the USB ports which work fine in other contexts. I've tried the general advice, including reinstalling itunes and restarting the apple mobile device support program. I am now at a total loss. Any ideas?

Stressed x

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 3:23 PM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2015 3:37 PM in response to stressingtoomuch

See

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

- I would start with

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

However, after your remove the Apple software components also remove the iCloud Control Panel via Windows Programs and Features app in the Window Control Panel. Then reinstall all the Apple software components

- Then do the other actions of:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

paying special attention to item #5

- New cable unless the cable work OK with another iPod/iPhone or iPad. Not clear how you checked the "lead". and different USB port

- Run this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

Also see:

iPod not recognised by windows iTunes

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

- Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

computer doesnt recognise my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.