Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple mouse and keyboard do not work during installation windows 8.1

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), 2.9 GHz intel Core i5, 8GB 1600 MHz DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB.

OS X Yosemite 10.10.3 (14D136) Boot Camp 5.1.4

I have managed to create an ISO file of Windows 8.1 (64 bit) DVD. I have used boot camp to partition and install windows to a point.

I used a 16GB USB 3.0 flash drive for downloading the support files etc. to.

My apple keyboard and mouse were recognised for telling windows the language to install etc. but as soon as I've got to the personalising screen on first start up (I guess) my apple keyboard and mouse do not work. The first time the USB flash drive was left plugged in. I tried to use a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse with the transmitter plugged into a USB port, but nothing. I restarted the mac without the USB flash drive plugged in again the keyboard and mouse didn't work.

I have found the USB wireless transmitter for the windows keyboard must work because it was still plugged in when I booted back into OS X and I was asked to press a key on the keyboard as it was not recognised.

The iMac is now booting into OS X but the windows partition still exists but I can't set it up at present.

Please help......

Thanks, Tim

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Jun 17, 2015 2:51 PM

6 replies

Jun 17, 2015 3:54 PM in response to Loner T

I have managed to get windows fully installed using a usb mouse. Bootcamp said it was installing the support files etc but my mouse and keyboard still do not work. In Windows the Boot camp help and the boot camp icon in the system tray have been loaded. Can I load the support files from somewhere else I need?

Jun 18, 2015 2:42 PM in response to Loner T

Hi, I've got the correct version of Boot camp installed. But I've found it's a bluetooth pairing problem. I've been able to pair my apple magic mouse with windows by disconnecting it in OS X, then pairing in windows, but not my keyboard. It keeps trying to pair saying it's failed or asking me to enter a passcode on the keyboard. I don't know what the passcode is and it doesn't let me type it in. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Jun 18, 2015 3:33 PM in response to TJW69

If you unpaid the keyboard on the OSX side and then pair it to Windows first, the passcode should be 0000. In OSX it will generate a passcode and show it on your display and ask you to enter it from the keyboard for pairing. I have not seen a generated password on wireless keyboard on the Windows side.

Apple mouse and keyboard do not work during installation windows 8.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.