Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Motion 5 (5.2.1) Missing filters wen loading projects

I Recently updated motion 5 from 5.1.2 to 5.2.1, only to find most if not all the filters are missing in Volumetric or 3D projects, also it ask if i would like to reconnect the missing files but the reconnect and the search options are greyed out.

It's strange, because when I look up the bug fixes with this new version, this is one of the issues it claims to have fixed?

If someone could respond quickly it would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Lloyd

Speech application -OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.7)

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 3:46 AM

6 replies

Oct 7, 2017 2:33 PM in response to SmileyD64

I recently had this precise issue with a later version of Motion — 5.3.2. I first noticed it because 3rd party plugins were not working properly in FCPX. I took a suggestion I found online, and tried opening the plugins in Motion, where I got the message that filters AND generators were missing. I believe this happened around the time I updated to supplemental Motion content 1.1, but that's just an observation. I spent a week reinstalling, disconnecting hard drives, trashing preferences, the whole nine yards. Nothing worked. Nothing. Then I spent the better part of a morning on the phone with Apple support. Again, zip. Then I decided that before doing a clean reinstall of the system (what a humongous pain in the tush that is), I would try to downgrade to an earlier version of Motion. I found a copy of 5.2 on a Time Machine drive I had disconnected — and voila! All missing generators and filters miraculously reappeared, and everything in Motion and Final Cut Pro started working fine again. With all due respect, for some users, the newest version of Motion (5.3.2) and/or its supplemental content, is just not working right. Find yourself an earlier iteration of the app, and I am betting your sorrows will soon be over. (For what it is worth, I am running El Capitan on a 2013 Mac Pro (the black trashcan model).

Jun 18, 2015 5:43 AM in response to SmileyD64

So you go to the Media pane, right-click a file that shows as missing, and you can't choose the Reconnect Media option? That is odd, I've never seen this issue before. Not sure what you mean by the Search option being grayed out. Where are you seeing a Search option?

Try launching Motion while holding the opt+cmd keys, and delete preferences.

What do you mean by volumetric projects? Do you simply mean projects with 3D groups?

Jun 18, 2015 8:43 AM in response to BenB

Hi BenB thanks for your response.

It's not files that are missing, it's the filters and their settings that comes with the project. so what happens is, once I have selected a project

I want to use, as it is loading, it is then a dialog pops up to say the following items are missing.

User uploaded file

I hope I'm making myself clearer.

Lloyd

Motion 5 (5.2.1) Missing filters wen loading projects

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.