Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What if the previous owner is dead?

I bought an used iPad Mini and its previos owner is dead and i can't activate it because i don't have his previous id or password

what should i do to activate it i tried to retore it but the problem remain the same & i contacated with his relatives and they don't know anything about his apple ID because its a private information only him had it, what should i do now .,,,,,,,,,, Thanks.User uploaded file

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 7:50 AM

8 replies

Sep 27, 2018 1:03 PM in response to iToxicGAMER

I am in the same situation. My grandmother passed away last week and I inherited her iPod 5th gen and it has all her recipes on it and I can not activate it. Apple should help out people. Now I have an expensive paperweight. Go Android you get better help that is what I did

Oct 22, 2017 9:30 AM in response to Community User

JulieFern1 wrote:

I am in the same situation. My grandmother passed away last week and I inherited her iPod 5th gen and it has all her recipes on it and I can not activate it. Apple should help out people. Now I have an expensive paperweight. Go Android you get better help that is what I did

All you have to do is take the iPod, a copy of the purchase receipt, a copy of the death certificate and something that proves it was given to you to Apple, and they will help.

Jul 12, 2016 4:59 PM in response to iToxicGAMER

I am in the same boat. I didn't purchase it, but we had a death in the family and we can't find our grandmother's apple id and password anywhere. I've tried to restore it and I can see an email none of us know at yahoo. I guess it is useless to us now? This really is stupid, Apple. I get deterring thieves but I didn't steal this Ipad. Death happens.

Jul 12, 2016 6:33 PM in response to iToxicGAMER

According to Apple:

“You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, transfer redistribute, or sublicense the Licensed Application and, if you sell your Apple Device to a third party, you must remove the Licensed Application from the Apple Device before doing so.”

http://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/us/terms.html

So, you should ask your money back.

What if the previous owner is dead?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.