Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sometimes when I use my earpods (for iPhone 5) on iPod shuffle 3rd generation do not work (I can not change the song, adjust the volume). Do I need to change any setting from the iTunes ?

Sometimes when I use my earpods (for iPhone 5) on iPod shuffle 3rd generation do not work (I can not change the song, adjust the volume). Do I need to change any setting from the iTunes ?????

iPod shuffle, iOS 1.x, iOS 1.1

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 7:17 AM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2015 7:36 AM in response to agathi832

Hi agathi832,

I see that you are experiencing some issues with your EarPod controls when using a 3rd generation iPod shuffle. Here is an article that explains the capabilities of your EarPods with this iPod:

Compatibility of Apple wired headset models with iPhone, iPad, and iPod models - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201869

iPod

Model Apple EarPods with Remote and Mic1

Audio Playback controls Volume controls Microphone

iPod touch (2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th generations)2

iPod touch (1st generation) - - -
iPod nano (4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th generations)3
iPod nano (1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations) - - -
iPod shuffle (4th generation)
iPod shuffle (3rd generation)4 - - - -
iPod shuffle (2nd generation) - - -
iPod shuffle (1st generation) - - - -
iPod classic 160GB (Late 2009)
and iPod classic (120 GB)
All previous iPod models - - -

Notes

1. Apple Earpods with Remote and Mic are included in the box with iPhone 5.
  2. iPod touch (2nd generation) software version 2.2 or later is required to use remote and mic features.
  3. iPod nano (4th generation) software version 1.0.3 or later is required to use remote and mic features.
  4. This headset isn't compatible with the iPod shuffle (3rd generation) because the playback and volume controls aren't supported.

Thanks for coming to the Apple Support Communities!

Regards,

Braden

Sometimes when I use my earpods (for iPhone 5) on iPod shuffle 3rd generation do not work (I can not change the song, adjust the volume). Do I need to change any setting from the iTunes ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.