Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

everything erased on i-pod 2nd gen. how do i restore

Everything was erased on I-pod 2nd gen including serial #. How do I restore to orginial

iPod touch, model # A1288

Posted on Jun 18, 2015 7:52 AM

5 replies

Jun 18, 2015 8:25 AM in response to angelsrreall

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Mac OS X

Or

See

iPhone, iPad, or iPod not recognized in iTunes for Windows

- I would start with

Removing and Reinstalling iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP

or

Removing and reinstalling iTunes and other software components for Windows Vista, Windows 7, or Windows 8

However, after your remove the Apple software components also remove the iCloud Control Panel via Windows Programs and Features app in the Window Control Panel. Then reinstall all the Apple software components

- Then do the other actions of:

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for Windows

paying special attention to item #5

- New cable and different USB port

- Run this and see if the results help with determine the cause

iTunes for Windows: Device Sync Tests

Also see:

iPod not recognised by windows iTunes

Troubleshooting issues with iTunes for Windows updates

- Try on another computer to help determine if computer or iPod problem

Jun 18, 2015 8:34 AM in response to lllaass

Before I do this I would like to ask 1 more question of you. I found the serial # on the back it is 9C849CWT208. Apple says they no longer can help because it is a vintage model, so with that being said. If I try everything you are suggesting will there be any way on I-tunes that I will be able to restore anything. Because there is nothing on it at all or is it garbage

Jun 18, 2015 8:39 AM in response to angelsrreall

If it works at the end it is still good for things like mail, surfing, music player and some apps

Starting when iOS 7 was released, Apple now allows downloading the last compatible version of some apps (iOS 4.2.1 and later only)

App Store: Downloading Older Versions of Apps on iOS - Apple Club

App Store: Install the latest compatible version of an app

You first have to download the non-compatible version on your computer. Then when you try to purchase the version on your iPod you will be offered a compatible version if one exists.

If you can't get it working it is not worth getting it repaired.

Apple will give you a 10% recycling discount if you turn in an old iPod when you purchase a new one.

Apple - Recycling Program for iPod and Mobile Phones

everything erased on i-pod 2nd gen. how do i restore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.